[BKARTS] Paste Paper with Nancy Culmone in Los Angeles

Greetings!

With great delight I announce to you an *impromptu* paste paper workshop
with Nancy Culmone.  She will be in Los Angeles the first weekend of
November to teach a workshop for the Society for Calligraphy and has
graciously agreed to teach another workshop while she is in town.  Here
are the details :

    WHAT  :  PASTE PAPER with Nancy Culmone
                      highly acclaimed paste paper artist

    WHERE :  Granada Hills, CA

    WHEN  :  Tuesday, 4 November 2003

    TIME  :  10 am to 5 pm

    LUNCH :  Bring a salad to share with 10 people

    COST  :  $50 workshop + $20 materials fee

Nancy will guide us step by step through various techniques such as
layering, toning, pattern and gesture, to make beautifully decorated
paper.  The paste recipe she uses is formulated specifically for
calligraphers to have a great surface on which to write.  Some of the
materials provided include the prepared paste colours and paper cut to
size; and, Golden Acrylics has kindly offered to provide some newly
devloped product just for our experimentation.

Space is extremely limited and since this is all very last minute, a
fast response is necessary.  Please Rsvp to me ASAP if you are
interested in attending so we can let Nancy know if this workshop is a
go.

Bye for now!

Xandra

--

::   X Y Z   I n k   ::   X a n d r a   Y .   Z a m o r a
::   C a l l i g r a p h y   &   G r a p h i c   D e s i g n