Re: [BKARTS] Re-attaching pages of old book

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, anthony verdesca jr wrote:

> I have an old bible (1930s?) with a few pages that have come loose from
> the signatures.  The pages are an onion skin-type; I think they call it
> "india" paper.  Is there a quick and easy way to reinsert/reattach these
> pages?  Thank you.

You might want to look at
http://www.indiana.edu/~libpres/Manual/treatments/tip/front.html
http://www.indiana.edu/~libpres/Manual/treatments/hingemend/index.html
and
http://www.indiana.edu/~libpres/Manual/treatments/flatmend/front.html

I haven't worked with that particular type of paper yet, so I don't know
if there are particular things to watch out for in that regard.  I suspect
that the thin-ness of the paper makes it particularly important to shield
both sides of the mended pages when they're drying to avoid having
adhesive and moisture bleed through and stick the other pages together.