Re: [BKARTS] BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 14 Nov 2003 to 15 Nov 2003 (#2003-314)

> Good, clean hands are the best, they say.

But what about the natural oil in the skin?  As a fiber artist/curator the thought of
allowing large groups of people to touch any kind of fiber bare handed is a frightening one.

At the opening of the only book exhibit I have participated in we had the books laid out on a
row of tables with a basket of white gloves at one end, people could pull up chairs and sit
and read the books . . . of course if I remember correctly during the run of the exhibit the
books were in a locked case . . .

Maxine
Q21 Press