From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
kristy higby
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2003 6:36 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: white gloves

--Apple-Mail-8-621473701

White gloves solve some problems but my books have metal closures that=20=

would be difficult to unfasten with gloves on. While not ideal, I=20
provide a color print of the book opened if displayed closed, and vice=20=

versa. I also print the text and provide it separately.

Kristy Higby
www.calhounstudios.com

On Monday, November 17, 2003, at 10:20 PM, van sice wrote:

> From: van sice <vansice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Mon Nov 17, 2003  10:20:10 PM US/Eastern
> To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: white gloves
>
> In light of the fact that many people don't know about the medium of=20=

> artists' books, I
> like the communication {education} of "please touch with respect" that=20=

> silently goes
> along with the gloves.
>
> People can't be blamed for ignorance of how to handle works on paper=20=

> when they have no
> experience like it.  There is such a strong prohibition against=20
> touching the art in
> almost every other circumstance. White gloves set a precedent before=20=

> the viewer begins
> the experience. I suppose the same could be accomplished with=20
> washbowls and towels.
> {Wouldn't that make a great show, books around purification... }
>
> Val Van Sice

>      consent of the author - Please respect their contributions & =A9*

--Apple-Mail-8-621473701

www.calhounstudios.com

--Apple-Mail-8-621473701--