[BKARTS] Gelatin Size

I just received some hard gelatin (250 bloom) from photographers formulary
and find that I don't know how to use it.  I want to dissolve it and use it
for a canvas coating to run through my epson printer.  Any instructions?
Also, do you all have contact for a different supplier of gelatin assuming
there is a good supplier out there?  Thanks a bunch.

Jennifer Hall (New to book arts)