[BKARTS] metal shear = board shear?

Hello, everyone!

I know that a metal shear is not equal to a board shear, but when I use a friend's metal shear to cut board I get a decent cut (clean, edge
appears to be a right angle). Thinking of investing in one of my own, which could do dual duty since I'd like to also be able to cut metal.

Is there anyone out there that can tell me finer points about differences in the blade angles, use or any other potential booby traps? Are there
good reasons not to do this?

Thank you kindly,
Val