Re: [BKARTS] elephant skin

Called Elephant Hide, made by Zanders of Germany and New York Central Art
Supply carries it, at least according to the catalog I have. The URL for
them is: <http://www.nycentralart.com/>

A Google search pulls up
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%2B%22elephant+hide%22+%2Bzanders>

p.

At 05:00 PM 11/26/2003 -0800, you wrote:
Does anyone know another name for the paper I've heard referred to as
"elephant skin"? It is a fairly thin, hard sheet that comes in many vivid
colors and is pretty bullet-proof when applied to a board. It is visually
textured with some vein-ish marks, but the surface has a smooth, hard feel
with no surface texture.

Thanks in advance for your help -
Roberta

Peter D. Verheyen