Re: [BKARTS] Printers' Hats

<I am looking for 19th- and early 20th-century
<references to printers' hats(the kind made from
folded
<newspapers), and would be very grateful for leads
<either to text or to pictures. The only 19th-century
<image I know of that shows a printer's hat is the
1848
<wood-engraving by Alexander Anderson used in Holley's

<life of Franklin. Many thanks for any information you

<can provide! -tb
<Terry Belanger >

Surely that's a printer's hat in "The Walrus and the
Carpenter? Or is there some difference between a
printer's hat and a carpenter's hat that I'm not aware

of?
Tom Conroy