[BKARTS] Removal of old glue and paper from playing cards ...

Recently I got a large lot of trading cards that had been pasted/glued into an album. They were ripped out with many still having the paper and glue residue on the backs.

 Does anyone know of a hopefully easy, nonassaultive way to remove the old glue and paper? I don't know the type of glue, but the cards are the standard playing cards of the '40's.

Thanks!

Laurie