From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Peter D. Verheyen
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 12:10 PM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: 2004 Schedule of Workshops/Garage Annex School

Dear friends:

Please visit www.GarageAnnexSchool.com in order to see our new schedule
of workshops.

You may easily register online using a charge card, or you may download a
PDF of the registration form and mail it with your check.

 >From "Fresco on Paper" to "Edge Gilding" to "Wire Edge Binding," we are
confident that we are offering you an interesting selection of workshops.

In addition to many of your favorite teachers returning to the school, we
are happy to announce that Julie Chen, Don Glaister, Shanna Leino, and
Peter Verheyen are making their inaugural visits to GAS during 2004.

For the first time ever, Julie Chen is offering a five-day version of her
popular Book of Fun & Games workshops.

Don Glaister is teaching a new workshop, "The Elusive Duo: The Concept &
Design of Artist's Books & Bindings." Be sure to check his workshop
description in order to view a gallery of images of his stunning design
bindings.

Shanna Leino will address your requests for more instruction in Ethiopian
binding.(Her workshop is scheduled to take place July 31-August 1. The
description of this workshop will be posted soon, as will images of her
books.)

Peter Verheyen will share his expertise in German case binding.

Daniel Kelm has two new workshops on the schedule: (1) "Double Raised
Cords Meets the Gutter Wire," and (2) "Thinking Inside the Box: A Drawer
in a Slipcase Under a Book."

Hedi Kyle has a new workshop for you: "Wunderkabinets: Architectural Book
Environments." Pamela Spitzmueller will teach you one of her favorite
structures when she offers "The Medieval Girdle Binding--Then and Now."
And Barbara Mauriello will teach one of her very favorite workshops:"Two
Books in a Box." Amaryllis Siniossoglou has a new workshop for you, too,
in which you will have the opportunity to make at least five different
Asian bindings.

Please visit our new workshop archive, accessible at the bottom of the
workshop list. The 2003 program of workshops is now listed there, and we
hope before long to begin to add other workshops from previous years.
That way you can look over the possibilities and email us that you are
interested in a specific topic or instructor.

Thanks to you, our enrollment is typically very high. If you are
interested in a workshop that is full, we encourage you to put your name
on the waiting list--spaces often open up and are then filled by persons
on the list.

We look forward to seeing you here at the Garage.

Greta D. Sibley, Co-director