Re: [BKARTS] corn starch paste

I found a corn starch paste recipe in a book a long time ago but can't remember which one.  The recipe is as follows though.

1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water
4 cups boiling water

Mix the corn starch and cold water in a large bowl until the starch is dissolved.  Then pour the boiling water as you stir briskly with a whisk.  Cover with a newspaper until cool.

Now, I find that wheat flour paste works better and you can mix it with PVA glue, whereas it's difficult to mix the corn starch paste with PVA.

Flour paste takes a little more patience.

1 cup white flour
1 cup distilled water

Mix flour and water in medium saucepan until lumps disappear.  Put on medium heat and stir constantly (I cannot stress the word "constantly" enough) until mixture starts to thicken and simmer.  Turn heat to low and continue stirring for about 5 more minutes.

Plunge pan in sink full of cold water to cool.

Hope this helps
"If the world were merely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world, and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.”
—E.B. White