Re: [BKARTS] rebinding a spiral

>I would recommend that you saddle stitch the notebook.
>Begin with an old-tyme hand drill with a drill bit

Ignore that. Saddle stitching requires a fold in the section, and indicates
the use of a stapler with a "saddle" for stapling through the fold. Spirals
and wire-o bindings are individual sheets with no fold.

For oversewing or in-line sewing you don't need a drill. Spirals and
wire-o's already have big holes. You can straight sew or whipstitch through
the holes, but then it won't open flat. If you know a local binder who does
spiral or wire-o you might ask if they have a smaller diameter wire that
will still work with the thickness of book you have.

You can always take the conservation approach and guard the sheets into
sections and sew them on tapes or cords into a real binding.
--
 Richard
 http://minsky.com