[BKARTS] Spiral bound books

I was interested in reading the posts about removing the wire spirals from
store bought, lined notebooks, replacing the covers or recovering them and
"rewiring" or sewing through the already existing holes.  It is necessary for the
project I have in mind that the book lays flat when open.  I would enjoy seeing
more ideas and discussion on how this might be accomplished.  I could also
use some ideas on how to neatly create lined pages from blank pages.  Thanks