Re: [BKARTS] Flour Paste

Pastry flour is low in gluten, which is how one wants it for a nice,
light and crumbly cake or cookie. That's why recipes always state 'stir
only until combined' so that you don't work up the gluten protein.  A
'bread'- like torte wouldn't be much fun...but back to books-

Really folks, wheat starch isn't all that hard to find.  Why are people
always looking for shortcuts?

-Doug Sanders