Re: [BKARTS] Pockets

I've found that leaving the edges (all around) loose when gluing a pocket
into a book allows for much easier access.  We usually leave approx. an
inch loose in an 8 x 10 envelope, just gluing the center part down tight.

Pockets tend to tear when glued to the edges.

Of course, I work in a univ. research library, where materials have fairly
heavy use and we see pockets having damage when glued tightly.

Best wishes,

Wendy Jones
Preservation Dept.
Univ. of California, Davis