[BKARTS] NBSS summer workshop offerings

I wanted to put out the North Bennet Street School summer workshop schedule. We have several new and exciting courses this summer. No experience is requisite for any of these workshops.

June 7 ? 11 Bookbinding for book artists. Margot Ecke, who will be an NBSS grad and has an MFA in printmaking from RISD will be teaching bookbinding techniques and their applications for those in the book arts community.

June 14-18. Non-adhesive Bookbinding. Mark Andersson will teach coptics, historic longstitch, and other new and old non-adhesives.

June 21 ? 25. Cloth case binding. Instructor to be announced later. This introductory course will teach sewing and covering cloth bound books.

July 6 ? 9 Boxes and enclosures. Amy Lapidow will teach drop spine boxes and other simple enclosures.

July 6 ? 16 Album structures. Stacie Dolin will teach stiff leaf albums (and other structures as time permits).

July 19 ? 30 Medieval leather structures (TWO WEEKS!). Adam Larsson will come over and will teach the Carolingian, Single Quire, and Double Board Coptic bindings. We think a fourth binding will be taught as well, if time permits. Sewing experience would be helpful, though not a requisite.

August 2- 6 Cloth Case binding. Instructor to be announced later.

August 9 ? 13 Non-adhesive binding. Stacie Dolin, instructor.

August 16 ? 20 Japanese Bookbinding. Kioshi Imai, instructor.

August 23 ? 27 Gold tooling and finishing. Mark Andersson will teach gold, carbon and blind tooling. Leather inlays and other decorative techniques will be covered as time permits.

For more information contact me or email workshop@xxxxxxxxx

Mark Andersson
Department Head, Bookbinding
North Bennet Street School