[BKARTS] looking for a solution

i have been having a problem with some books I've been making.  I've been
using filmoplast self adhesive tapes and Gudy O to mount and bind Photographs.
THe problem is, after the book has been opened page by page and then reclosed,
there is a slant at the spine so the top pages are reaching futher out at the
foredege of the book.  I assume this is happening because in order for the
book to lie flat the last page has to bend over all the other pages before and is
therefore stretched out.

Any ideas on how to avoid this problem?  I've noticed it happening on hinge
bound photo albums as well.