[BKARTS] Red dye

Hello:

I am passing this along to any book or paper artist who may be interested. A gentlemen who used to work for International Paper is offering to give away red paper dye. I am not very familiar with this type of dye and do not know if this is something someone would want.

Anastasia Weigle
In A Bind Studio
Old Orchard Beach, Maine

Below is the information:

Obsolete red paper.

The trade name is Elcomine Scarlet 4BA mfg by Rite Industries, Inc.  The
color index ID is Direct Red 72.  Our use before obsolescence was in our
papermaking process here at IP.  We make bond paper for the forms market
and this dye was used to achieve our pink shade for one of the sheets in
multi-part forms.  It is a red powder that is soluble in water.  The MSDS
indicates no hazardous ingredients and states it is a DOT non-regulated
substance.

The drum label records three ingredients:  direct red 72,  sodium sulfate,
sodium chloride.  Total amount available is approx. 70 lbs.

For more information, please contact Pete at: 207-897-1316.