Re: [BKARTS] How to sew pages without gaps

Peter,
There are two German copies on abebooks.com for only $45 and $55.
<grin>
Dave
At 10:52 AM 1/7/04 +1100, you wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>In a recent reply to this thread, James Tapley mentioned a title: A LOST LINK IN
>THE TECHNIQUE OF BOOKBINDING AND HOW I FOUND IT, by Peter Franck. Gaylordsville,
>Connecticut 1941.
>
>The secondhand book databases show one copy available, as a limited edition, for
>US$200.  It appears to be an 18 page book.  I am sure that many of us on this
>List would be interested in this little book, but somewhat reluctant to pay such
>a price for it.
>
>Would it be untoward to ask someone in the group to provide an online copy of
>this text, that is, if it be legally acceptable?  Or otherwise to publish it at
>a more reasonable price?
>
>Peter Krantz

>Book Restorations.
>Sydney,
>Australia.
>Email:  restore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>Established 1976

>        See the Book_Arts-L FAQ at: <http://www.philobiblon.com>
>
>     *Postings may not be re-printed in any form without the express
>     consent of the author - Please respect their contributions & ©*

David Allen
840 Snowdrop Avenue
Victoria, British Columbia
CANADA  V8Z 2N4
(250) 888-9380
http://www.webvictoria.com/beddall

Violence can only be concealed by a lie, and the lie can only
be maintained by violence. Any man who has once proclaimed
violence as his method is inevitably forced to take the lie
as his principle.
  Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn   - Nobel Prize lecture, 1974