[BKARTS] No Wait Adhesive Film

I was waiting for this product to come up in discussion, and am surprised
that it hasn't been until now.  The product you are referring to is called
Gudy O (870) and is made in Germany.  It is indeed an acid free material,
and more than any claim by 3M or any other manufacturer, this product has
passed the Photo Activity Test (PAT) which is a strict test of accelerated
aging and is considered one of the standards of considering a product
"archival."  This product is a layer of acrylic adhesive with no substrate,
meaning it is just a layer of adhesive, making it very thin and strong.  It
is available in a variety of width rolls ranging from 3/4" to 48" wide.

Another similar product is Gudy V (830) which is the same acrylic adhesive
used in the Gudy O, but with a substrate.  Meaning there is a sheet of acid
free tissue with adhesive coated to both sides to form the double sided
film.  This provides more adhesive per square inch than the Gudy O allowing
for an even stronger bond and better adhesion to textured surfaces.

Additional information, as well as the ability to purchase these products,
can be found on our web site at the following address:
http://nt.bnt.com/talas/menu.html?keywords=gudy

Regards,
Aaron Salik
Talas

> Date:    Mon, 5 Jan 2004 01:50:52 -0500
> From:    shan <shanofnj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: no wait adhesive film
>
> This may be Scotch 3M 568 Positionable Mounting Adhesive, which has been
> used by photographers & graphic artists for some time.=20

I have a roll of the adhesive but have not yet tried to use it. When I
ordered it, I did talk to Dennis Brooker the gentleman who is selling it and
it is not from 3M. He told me that he is bringing it in from Germany and
says it acid free. It is a double sided adhesive and apparently sticks to
whatever when it comes in contact with a surface.

Nena