Re: [BKARTS] Leporello Technique

I've always considered a Leporello to be a little different than other
accordions or concertinas in that it is made up of single folded sheets
(bifolia) adhered back to back but with spine to fore edge like this...

<

<

<

...to create an accordion of any length (supposedly very long, as the one
the structure's namesake in the opera Don Giovanni uses to record Giovanni's
romantic conquests.)

I was taught to glue just around the edges to allow a little air pocket,
making it move more fluidly.

The benefit of this structure is that you can make long accordions with
small papers, the down side is that it takes a lot of adhesive.

Roberta
Roberta Lavadour
Mission Creek Press / Pendleton, Oregon
http://www.missioncreekpress.com/newwork.htm