Re: [BKARTS] Books without Words

Use it or lose it.

Kristy
www.calhounstudios.com

On Friday, January 9, 2004, at 12:37 PM, Bruce Levy wrote:

It may be because I'm so simple, but this whole thread sounds like intellectual masturbation to me.

Bruce
----- Original Message -----
From: Darrell Ross <DDsrtist@xxxxxxx>
Date:         Fri, 9 Jan 2004 11:39:07 EST
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:      Re: [BKARTS] Books without Words

In a message dated 1/9/04 10:31:41 AM, joanmichaels@xxxxxxxxx writes:

but bottom line I think that a book is defined by its creator, the artist.
A book is defined by its media - paper, ink, words and binding
An oil painting is defined by it's medium - oil paint
A watercolor is defind by its medium - watercolors
The artist doesn't define it - he just has a choice of what medium his
message - if there is one - he chooses.

Hey even coffee is defined by the medium - coffee beans

Darrell Ross

www.calhounstudios.com