Re: [BKARTS] Books without Words

> So who will write the new text-book?
> Jean

Betty Bright

>what are we doing to foster this new literacy?

>we're trying to build a solid, informed collector base.
>Roberta

We are organizing a national K-12 Book Art Curriculum Development
Conference. This week I talked with Kathy Barr at sfcb ( http://sfcb.org )
and Dorothy Goldie at MCBA ( http://mnbookarts.org ). You may recall some
discussions of this during the last couple of years.

If we can get everyone in the country making books to the extent they are
doing other artistic explorations in elementary and secondary school, we
will achieve the "literacy" and build a collector base (as well as a museum
collection and book art organization support base).

--
 Richard
 http://minsky.com