[BKARTS] Question on Kutrimmer

A number of years back I purchased a tabletop model # 1071 Kutrimmer with a
27" blade. Aside for the milllimiter off problem it has serviced me well.
However, recently, when I go to lift the blade when I am ready to cut, the blade
slips down by itself, not yet all the way down, but about half way. Once I begin
cutting, than it restores itself, and the blade stays up, that is until the
next time I have to cut. Has anyone else had this problem with the Kutrimmer
and if so is there a way to adjust this?
Thank you
Maria