[BKARTS] Bookish places in Japan, Kyoto Area?

Hi All,

It looks like I will get to travel to Japan this
summer, most likely to the Kyoto area (although we
might go elsewhere as well - not sure yet). Any
bookish places we should visit? I am especially
interested in places to purchase paper and binding
supplies, but also anything arty. Thanks!

Kara
http://www.karasjoblom.com
http://www.bayimages.net