Re: [BKARTS] Rot

I would like to thank Mike Jacobs for correcting my ancient
memory about the mechanism of dry rot; Jack Thompson for
introducing me to an article, and a leather decay mechanism,
which I had not encountered; and various other writers of
well-informed and precise replies. Beyond that: I am well aware
that people without knowledge of books may speak carelessly,
inexactly, or ignorantly when talking about the ills of books.
Is this any justification for speaking carelessly, inexactly or
ignorantly in reply to a legitimate request for knowledge?

Tom Conroy
Berkeley