[BKARTS] Artists' Book Exhibition at Cuesta College - San Luis Obispo, CA - june4 thru 2july'04

I'm posting this on behalf of David Prochaska.   .......................
thanks, Jules Davis

Call for Entries
Artists' Books Exhibition
June 4 - July 2, 2004
Cuesta College Art Gallery
San Luis Obispo, CA 93403-8106

Just a short introduction to the call for entries for "Artists' Books 2004",
my name is David Prochaska; I am an instructor of fine art at Cuesta
College,
San Luis Obispo, California. Since 1999 I have organized an annual book arts
exhibition, to expose our local community to the community of artists making
books. These exhibitions have grown each year, both in the number of books
exhibited, as well as the number of enthusiastic visitors to these
installations.
If you are looking to expose your artist books to a new and enthusiastic
audience, then this is the exhibition for you.

In these times of fiscal restraints, we are all aware of the limited funding
accessible to the arts. At the same time we must, as artists, be aware of
the need to build greater exposure to all art forms.

For this reason we must continue to ask the artists contributing to these
exhibitions to assist in the transportation of their books. (Mailing fees
generally cost between $10 to $20 dollars.) With no entry fee or other
charges this is a small price to pay to get your books out to the people.
If you feel this is an exhibition worthy of your support and participation,
we would love to have the opportunity to exhibit and explore your
investigation of the book form.

This is a hands on exhibition! We want to encourage the visitors to interact
with these book forms, so please send books you want people to interact
with. We will provide gloves to the visitors to protect the books from any
soiling. But again, we really do hope to build a willingness to interact
with the books exhibited.
The exhibition will display between 80-100 books, so your work will be in
good company.

To participate in "Artists' Books 2004", please write, call, or e-mail me
at -
David Prochaska
Cuesta College
Fine Arts Department
San Luis Obispo, CA 93403-8106
Phone- (805)-546-3100ext.2756
Email -  dprochas@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:dprochas@xxxxxxxxxx>

Thank you for helping bring the books to the people. I look forward to
hearing from you.