Re: [BKARTS] Fw: Change Copyright Date?

At 01:35 PM 19/01/2004 -0500, Alan Shalette wrote:
I think you're putting too fine a point on procedural
matters. ...

Perhaps. The point is, this is all about protecting the work and your rights against some indefinite future threat. It really doesn't matter what the authorities say about their view of what is proper. What matters is what some judge and various lawyers may say if there is a dispute. So what makes sense is to make your case now as plainly and as airtight as possible. Best is to deposit a copy or two, have the notice in as clearly as possible, and to avoid any complications. That's the gist of what I was trying to say. Of course, it may not mean much to someone who doesn't anticipate ever finding themselves in this situation.

All the best, Gavin