[BKARTS]

I live in Canada, work on a Mac and have an international keyboard,
and my messages to the list do not have such problems  (see the
message below "How to sew pages without gaps" sent on 1/5/04, for
example). so there is something else.

******* text separator *******

Hello,
I want to first say how much I appreciate this list, and how much I
have been learning. I had always used a cornstarch and PVA glue mix
for glueing covers, and on Saturday, I bought some wheat starch at
the local Oriental grocery store, which I will try out today. For
Christmas, my daughter in Germany brought me a lot of Elephant paper
in many colours and a couple of thicknesses. If anyone wants the
address of the art store in Stuttgart where she got it, I can get it
from her. She said they had many more choices than she could bring.

Now, I have a request for help. Whenever I sew signatures together, I
have gaps between the signatures when I later open the book. I have
tried making the books smaller as well as larger, as well as with and
without tapes. Alas, I do not have a sewing frame. If anyone has
helpful hints, I would be very grateful.

Thank you.
June-Etta Chenard