[BKARTS] Clamshell alternatives

Hi, Kevin,

    I've designed a "chemise and matchbox-case", which I published in the
Guild of Book Workers Newsletter, April 1998, p. 15. Cutting the pieces is
extremely straightforward. The exact fit is determined by the joints. I like
it better than a slipcase, as the book is easily pushed out from either end.
If properly made, it can be attractive and very tight-fitting, therefore
protective. It takes at least half as much time to make as a clamshell. It
works well for exerting even pressure on vellum books.

Pamela Barrios

on 1/13/04 10:00 PM, Automatic digest processor at LISTSERV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx