[BKARTS] Invitation DRUKsel 2004, Gent, Belgium.

Gent, 25 Januar 2004
Dear,
We like to invite you to show and sell your books at DRUKsel, Ghent.

DRUKsel 2004, a fair for private presses and small publishers, takes as of
old place during the Flemish Heritage weekend, this year on April 17th en
18th 2004. The previous editions took place in the Museum of Fine Arts.
Because of restoration activities, the Museum ? and the DRUKsel fair with
it ? moves to the Leopold barracks at the Charles de Kerchove Avenue. This
location is situated near the Ghent ring road at a 200 m distance of the
original Museum site.

 DRUKsel focuses on editors combining high quality content with high
standard design. 'Special' books and books that are not commonly found in
main stream book shops constitute the heart of all DRUKsel activities. The
DRUKsel fair shows bibliophile editions, artists' books, contemporary book
design,  work of small'publishers, mail artists, magazines dealing with
literature and art,?

Apart from the actual fair DRUKsel also offers a number of lectures:
Saturday, April 17th, the poets Albert Bontridder (Belgium), Leo Gillessen
(Belgium) and Martin Reints (The Netherlands), will read their poetry.

The lectures on Sunday, April 18th , both deal with the person and work
of  Karel Beunis (1939-1983), the legendary designer and typographer of the
Dutch publishing house De Bezige Bij: the speakers here are Gert-Jan Bouma,
Sjaak Hubregtse and Jan De Jong (this last lecture is organised in
cooperation with the Plantin Association in Antwerp). The work of Karel
Beunis is also the subject of an exhibition at the DRUKsel fair.

Practical arrangements:

-          unloading is possible next to the Leopold Barracks. Parking
facilities are ample in the immediate surroundings. The fair is open for
exhibitors from 9.00 a.m. and for the general public from 11.00 a.m.

-          DRUKsel provides for each participant 1 table (80 x 120 cm) and
chairs

- it will be possible to get a drink in the cafetaria

-          either you come to the fair in person or either you have it sold
for you by a friend-publisher (or by DRUKsel)

-          if you decide to take part, you are obliged to be 'present'
during the two days of the fair

-          it would be much appreciated if you helped us to spread
pr-material (see also subscription form below)

-          please give us a notice if you present new work a the fair so as
we can incorporate this in our press dossier

-          also this year a file will be made (150 ex.) containing work of
all the participants. This file will be sold at a modest price on the fair
for the benefit of DRUKsel. We do not impose any rules or restrictions
concerning the individual contributions, but it is an absolute requirement
for the participants to provide a contribution to this file. This may be a
publisher's catalogue, a print, a card, a poem, an illustration, ? Mere
photocopies are not really appreciated. This contribution is your business
card for the visitor: "this is what I'm doing". Take into consideration
though that the file has an A4-format. Your contribution of course doesn't
have to be on A4-format ? it can be smaller or greater. The contribution
must be submitted on 150 ex. by March 21st.

-          exhibitors pay 40 euro for 2 days. All exhibitors receive an
invoice at the fair

-          subscriptions have to be in by March 1st  2004. The number of
tables is limited, so don't wait too long to subscribe

-          at the occasion of DRUKsel's seventh edition, you are kindly
invited to a small reception on Saturday

-          information about Ghent can be found on www.gent.be or
www.use-it.be  , information about bread and breakfast can be found on
http://www.bedandbreakfast-gent.be/index.html

DRUKsel hopes to welcome you!

Kind regards,

Johan Velter

Agenda: - before March 1st: subscription forms must be in and the contribution must be paid (or you can pay at the fair)

-          March 21st: contribution to the Druksel-file must be in.
Contributions are sent to Druksel vzw p.a. Johan Velter, Gentbruggestraat
106, B-9040 Gent, Belgium

- April 17th and 18st: Druksel 2004

DRUKsel has its own website: <http://www.druksel.be> . If you signal us
your URL, we can provide a link to it from the DRUKsel website.

Subscription form

Publishing house/magazine/organisation/antiquarian bookshop:

Contact:

Address:

Tel.

E-mail:

Which funds are represented?

I will be present at the fair and will take care of my own stand:

I have my work sold by DRUKsel:

I want ? posters and ? postcards to distribute

My contribution to the file will be:

Remarks:

DRUKsel ? Johan Velter

Gentbruggestraat 106

B- 9040 Gent

Belgium

Tel. : +32 (0)9.228.56.70

Mobile +32 (0)473.50.99.18

www.druksel.be johan.velter@xxxxxxxxxx

Giro bank account : 000-0727358-52 (IBAN: BE 64 ? BIC: BPOT BEB1)