Re: [BKARTS] Type for a Kwikprint 55

I also picked up type at M&H. 24pt and 36pt Times New Roman u/lc to be exact. Sorry to report, the extreme variations in depth of the face of the type to the bed of the block have made the type of dubious value.

In some cases, for example and 'o', where the depth of cut on the interior is 1/2 the depth on the exterior, this is not too much of a problem. Another example, a capital 'I', is useless for stamping leather as shipped because the depth of the letter in the region between the serif and the stem of the letter is so shallow it is impossible to stamp without including this not letter surface in the work. In some cases the portions are so shallow it is unlikely they could be used for letterpress work requiring modest deboss.

I have fashioned some small cutting tools (chisels and gouges) from 16d nails and use these to complete the the cutting of portions of the type. I use my type a couple of times a month and have, after two years, gotten to the point where I only need to correct the occasional letter.

Don Drake
Dreaming Mind

ddrake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
IM: stitchbyhand