Re: [BKARTS] Type for a Kwikprint 55

Roman,

The Kingsley type will work with your Kwikprint and so will Service Type
which is available through the manufacturer, Ernest Schaffer & Son, Union, NJ.
These types are very hard and durable. Their drawback are expence and very
limited choice of typefaces. Foundry type is made of much softer metal and is more
easily damaged. The upside of Foundry type is the wide variety of styles but
also its low price. One can buy four or five fonts of foundry type for the
price of one font of Service Type or ten fonts of brass.

Having said that; I will let you know that we sell foundry type firm 6 pt. to
36 pt. For hot stamping, I recommend that you only use 12Pt. and larger. If
you are careful it will last many years. We have foundry type that we
purchased, used, 50 years ago and have given it regular usage and we continue to use
with no problem. We may have damaged a character or two over the years but we
could replace it many time over for the cost of any other type.

One caveat I would offer is beware of Monotype. It is made of only lead and
is too soft to use in goldstamping.

Best regards,

Ed Stansell
Craft Bookbinding Co.