From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of J
Godsey
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 9:40 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: cheap, cheaper, poor

I rarely deal with new customers for that very same reason.
I spent a lot of time trying to convince them to just replace the copy at
hand and if they were really attached to the old one, to
bag it and store it. The labor involved with repairing a badly bound book
always exceeds the books value.

Most of them wouldn't get anywhere near the proper costs for fixing the book
and hence I would loose the job or take it at a loss.

Now i stick to people who understand what the jobs entail and the relative
values of the item....probably one of the reasons i only
do it on the side and for pleasure.