[BKARTS] Bonded Leather

Since someone mentioned bonded leather as a cheap alternative to leather I
wanted to bring up a question about it.  I recently discovered it and don't
particularly care for it but my client wants to save money.  The problem is PVA
doesnt bond with the finished side of it.  So where the endsheets meet the
bonded leather on the edges of the inside covers there is a very weak connection.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
K. Dunn