Re: [BKARTS] spam? question/apology

Thank you! This is very helpful.

Tish Berlin

The Internet is currently suffering from a massive virus attack called MyDoom. This is one of those viruses that goes through files on infected systems and looks for email addresses to replicate itself to. The messages from spoofed addresses are often returned to the faked sender.

I know that my system is clean because I use an updated anti-virus
program, as well as Mozilla Firebird browser and Thunderbird email
client, which are very virus-resistant. I've also checked my system
manually and found none of the virus files. Nonetheless, I am receiving
at least a hundred false emails a day, many of them "undeliverable mail"
or virus reports.

As far as I know, there's not much that can be done about this at the
user level except wait it out while system administrators struggle with
controlling it. I believe the virus is due to expire on Feb. 12.

--
http://www.madlaughter.com

http://www.newsroom-l.net