Re: [BKARTS] spam? question/apology

Letitia Berlin wrote:

Thank you! This is very helpful.

Jules Siegel wrote:

The Internet is currently suffering from a massive virus attack called
MyDoom. This is one of those viruses that goes through files on infected
systems and looks for email addresses to replicate itself to. The
messages from spoofed addresses are often returned to the faked sender.

I should add that my address was not taken from my own computer but from the address books (and other files) of others with whom I've corresponded. That's why the virus appears to be coming from my address, even though my system is clean.

--
http://www.madlaughter.com

http://www.newsroom-l.net