Re: [BKARTS] Book readings in San Francisco?

Diesel Books in Oakland has always been a wonderful place to get exposure, has a warm and open reading space that lures in people who thought they were there just to shop, and the owner is quite gracious for people who would like to schedule a reading.

Modern Times on Valencia (SF) also host readings, and it's fairly easy to get a reading set up there (though the reading space is separate from the books store and the readings I have attended there have tended to be sparse.)

You might also want to try A Clean Well Lighted Place for Books (Van Ness St). They have regular and well attended readings, but the names they get are often high profile, and I'm not sure how many of those authors are unsolicited.

Good Luck!
Brandon Mise
Blue Barnhouse Books