[BKARTS] position of the board when sticking vellum tapes on it

Hello,

At the moment I am doing some vellum bindings; the vellum tapes are
laced through the outer joint (or is it called groove?)

Now I was wondering, which is the best opening-position of the board,
when sticking the tapes on it. Should I open the board to 180°, 90° or
stick the tapes on them and close the book completely??

Homepage:
http://free.pages.at/ftd-buch
http://community.webshots.com/user/flori76