[BKARTS] Type of glue to use - ??

Hi,
I subscribed to the list few days ago (I love it). I have a question and
hope someone can help me. I wonder what type of glue I should use to glue a
sheet of paper (decorative in this case) onto another sheet without creating
any air bubble. I tried the white glue (Elmer's) and the rice starch glue
but without success. Also, what would be the best glue to use to glue a
sheet of papet onto a cardboard ? Should I put the glue on the board or the
paper ? Any idea ? Thanks !