Re: [BKARTS] Alternate show venues

here are a couple that have worked for me in the past.
Art in the Park. This can be totally free.Start a  group in your area.Some parks love this idea as a draw to the area.Especially if it's a park geared to tourists.
Open Studio Show. Either have your own solo,form a group or work with a group that is already formed.
Art Garden Party
Interior designers' showrooms.
Form a group of artists, network and get a space for free or next to nothing for a month.
Become a member of an co- op gallery
These are some things  that I have done that I know work.
Nes

Celia Tucker <bellbluedog@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Okay-- here is the list of alternate spaces to show work:

Library
Bank
News station lobby
Rent a tent
Rent a U-haul truck
Someone's home
Office Building with a large lobby
Stores, homes, offices that are for sale or rent (kind of a 2 for 1 deal art
and an open house)
Greenhouse
Supperclub
Theater lobby
School auditorium lobby
Church
Mason//Elk/ VFW halls
Bookstore
Boutique
Bar / Cafe
Fire or Police Department
Public Transit facility
Airport
Hospital
Water treatment facility
Halls or spaces that also rent out for weddings
Community centers
Check with the arts council
Industrial space

The Practical Handbook for the Emerging Artist, by Margaret Lazzari

I think that covers most of them except for those that were specific to this
area.
This has to be the most creative groups of people I know!
Some really fantastic ideas that i am checking out...I have an eye on a
couple of places that are for sale near the gallery that has First Friday
openings. The mason's hall and the tv station next to said gallery.

Thanks to everyone that made suggestions! I tried to email everyone but I
know I missed some.

See the Book_Arts-L FAQ at: