Date:    Fri, 6 Feb 2004 11:36:38 -0500
From:    June-Etta Chenard <cf-editor@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Epson Ink cartridges

Dear friends,
beware the Epson printers and any cartridges "for" Epson printers. I
have just had a difficult experience with them. Epson printers are
made to only use their own cartridges (which are much higher priced
than most others that fit them). At first, one only gets a warning
that this is not the right kind of cartridge. However, they have a
chip in them that eventually will not allow the printer to work
unless an Epson cartridge is used. I did a lot of research on this
subject; corresponded with many people in various countries, as well
as with people at Epson (3 messages; and finally, had to give in and
buy Epson cartrides ($80 Canadian for 1 b/w and 1 colour) in order to
be able to use my printer again. I am hoping that the printer chip
will reset itself after using an Epson again, and that i will be able
to use the other non-Epson cartridges I still have.

By the way, research testing has been done by unbiased people outside
Epson that indicate there is absolutely no quality difference between
Epson and non-Epson cartridges - it is only a matter of company greed
that motivates them