Re: [BKARTS] monotype question

Maria,
In art anything is permissable BUT each montype will remain unique no matter how you try to produce the next one identical. The second image pulled is called a ghost and is much flatter and thinner than the original. One of the best quick explanations I've found is at http://www.collectorsguide.com/fa/fa042.shtml
Dave

At 01:20 PM 2/9/04 EST, you wrote:
>hello,
>I have recently started experimenting with monotype printing and I was
>wondering if it is acceptable to print more than one of the same image using the
>same colors and design? Also, can anyone recommend a book (s) that covers this
>subject in depth?
>I don't know if this question is for this list, but I am hoping that members
>with printmaking experience can give me some help. Thank you.
>Maria Pisano

>        See the Book_Arts-L FAQ at: <http://www.philobiblon.com>
>
>     *Postings may not be re-printed in any form without the express
>     consent of the author - Please respect their contributions & ©*

David Allen
840 Snowdrop Avenue
Victoria, British Columbia
CANADA  V8Z 2N4
(250) 888-9380
http://www.webvictoria.com/beddall

Violence can only be concealed by a lie, and the lie can only
be maintained by violence. Any man who has once proclaimed
violence as his method is inevitably forced to take the lie
as his principle.
  Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn   - Nobel Prize lecture, 1974