Re: [BKARTS] hinge tape that looks like electrical tape

I have seen similar hinges used for overhead transparencies when I worked as an audiovisual technician but I wouldn't think they are archival. The silver ones were used with overheads and slides as well.
Knowing their tendencies to ooze adhesive over time, I sure wouldn't use them for photo hinges.
Dave

At 05:02 PM 2/9/04 EST, you wrote:
>I came across a material that looks like electrical tape that was used as a
>hinge in binding photograhs.  It is black, about 3/4"wide, very thin but
>strong, definately a plastic and it seemed to have an adhesive on one side and is
>shiny on the other side.  Does anyone have an idea what it might be? Also where
>it is available?  I have also seen another tape that is silver but had similar
>properties.  Any information would be helpful.
>
>Thanks
>K Dunn

>        See the Book_Arts-L FAQ at: <http://www.philobiblon.com>
>
>     *Postings may not be re-printed in any form without the express
>     consent of the author - Please respect their contributions & ©*

David Allen
840 Snowdrop Avenue
Victoria, British Columbia
CANADA  V8Z 2N4
(250) 888-9380
http://www.webvictoria.com/beddall

Violence can only be concealed by a lie, and the lie can only
be maintained by violence. Any man who has once proclaimed
violence as his method is inevitably forced to take the lie
as his principle.
  Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn   - Nobel Prize lecture, 1974