From: Book_Arts-L [mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Susanna Huh
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2004 11:33 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: tips to avoid getting glue on paper

Hi,

I'm a novice bookbinder so please forgive me if this
question is very basic. My problem has been with
larger size books (eg. larger than 8"X10").  I have
been applying the glue to the paper/bookcloth (either
YES paste or PVA) but am having difficulty with
manipulating the curled paper/bookcloth after glue is
applied, and somehow I usually end up with a few spots
of glue on the finished surface.

Are there any tricks to gluing a large piece of paper
onto board?  I saw that someone suggested applying
glue to the board first, so I will try that.
Also, if there are any tricks to getting glue off the
finished surface, I would love your insight too.

Thanks very much
Sue