Re: [BKARTS] tips to avoid getting glue on paper

On Feb 9, 2004, at 11:47 PM, Carol Pratt wrote:

If you know the paper will curl, gently bend the corners back, before
gluing out. This way, when the paper starts to curl, it will be held
back
and prevented from getting glue on the flyleaf, or itself. Test with
different papers before trying on a book.
******************************
Another tip:  Some papers curl so severely that "bend(ing) the corners
back" may not help. We have found that some papers,  i.e. Elephant Hide
paper,  require a very light misting with water to both sides to assist
in relaxing before attempting to apply adhesive.
And, as indicated by others, the paper must relax before attaching it
to a surface in order to avoid bubbles. In my opinion, bubbles form
because the paper is still trying to expand, and since it is already
down, the expansion has no place to go but to form small bubbles
(actually long tubes).
Bill Minter

4364 Woodbury Pike
Woodbury, PA  16695