Re: [BKARTS] tips to avoid getting glue on paper

Instead of a finger, use a Q-tip.   Then you're less apt to get unwanted
glue on the next thing you pick up with your fingers.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Carol Pratt" <jcpratt@xxxxxxx>
To: <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 09, 2004 11:47 PM
Subject: Re: [BKARTS] tips to avoid getting glue on paper

I also use a PVA mix for endpapers and have no problems.  I use waste
paper underneath the pastedown, so that as I glue out, I do not have to
worry about getting anything at all on the flyleaf.

After gluing out I run a fingertip around the edges of the dampened
sheet, removing extra adhesive from the outermost part, before dropping
the cover.  This little maneuver protects from any "too much" glue from
oozing out during the nip in the press (which effectively attaches
pastedown to the flyleaf).  One of my teachers taught me this a long
time ago, and it works very well.  Takes just 2-3 seconds.

Carl
Eugene, OR

=====