Re: [BKARTS] tips to avoid getting glue on paper

Yes I have (tests conducted using a Talas-supplied
pH test pen).

I've tested 3-yr old, unused Yes (Gane Bros. brand)
adhesive just out of its container. I've tested brand
new Grandmother's just out of its container.

I've used a procedure somewhat like the Barrow
test for aging by baking test samples of computer
bond paper stuck together, in an oven for about 6
hours at 200ºF -- simulating what I believe to be
2 yrs or more of aging. Both Yes and Grandmother's
tested neutral.

I have some of the baked test samples of both sitting
in my office and have been / will continue testing strips
from time to time. No sign of acidity since 03-Sep-03.

I've spoken to the packager of Grandmother's (packages
the same StikFlat material as Gane's, but manages to
distribute fresher stock -- easier to work with), who
reports no problem from his own use nor customer
complaints in 20 yrs.

While the StikFlat adhesive has useful properties
where minimal grain growth is desired, what the world
really needs is a truly anhydrous adhesive workable
with a brush -- rather than spay on, or iron on.

Alan Shalette