[BKARTS] The Center for Book Arts in NYC - Juried Exhibition Call for Entries

Below is our call for entries for this year's Artist Members Juried
Exhibition.  If you cannot print this form, please email
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or go to www.centerforbookarts.org for a
downloadable file.

Rory Golden
Executive Director
The Center for Book Arts

CALL FOR ENTRIES
2004 ARTIST MEMBERS JURIED EXHIBITION

The Center for Book Arts invites Artist Members to submit up to three works
created in 2003 or 2004. We encourage a wide range of works: traditional
codices, sculptural bookworks, typographic interpretations of text, livres d
'art, artist books, fine press books, book architecture (evolutions of book
form), wearable books, etc. The Center has a thirty year history of
exhibiting book art. Past exhibitions have included artists from around the
world. 2004 jurors will be Mindell Dubansky, Associate Museum Preservation
Librarian, Metropolitan Museum of Art and Milan Hughston, Chief of Library
and Museum Archives, Museum of Modern Art.

We ask that all work submitted be limited to books and book art. We will
accept hanging pieces (such as broadsides or posters). Our gallery cases
cannot accommodate pieces standing taller than 23" or wider than 40" in any
direction.

Calendar of Important Dates:

Postmark deadline for entry forms and slides:                  Friday March
26, 2004

Notification of accepted entries:                                     Friday
April 23, 2004

Accepted art due at the Center for Book Arts:                Friday June 11,
2004

Exhibition opens:
Thursday June 17, 2004

Exhibition closes:
Friday August 20, 2004

Submissions Checklist for artist's use:

___ Ensure you are a current Artist Member (If you need to renew your
membership, please enclose a check for $50, payable to the Center for Book
Arts; those applying for Artist Membership with their entry must enclose a
separate and complete Artist Member application - check our website or
contact the Center for requirements for Artist Membership application).

___ Completed Exhibition Entry Form (attached), photocopies are acceptable.

___ Self-addressed, stamped envelope with adequate postage for return of
slides.

___ Slides of work labeled with name, date and title of piece. Up to three
slides per piece (9 total).

DO NOT send original works for jurying.

DO NOT send slides of which you do not have copies. The Center will not be
responsible for lost slides.

DO NOT send work created prior to 2003 for review.

___ Your resume with email address

___ Short Biography (no more than 50 words)

___ Artist's Statement of 200 words or less related to work submitted or
your work in general

NOTE: Only complete entries will be reviewed. Please double check your
submission.

Submit the entry form and all materials to:

The Center for Book Arts

2004 Artist Members Juried Exhibition
28 West 27th Street, 3rd Floor

New York, NY  10001

The Center for Book Arts

2004 ARTIST MEMBERS JURIED EXHIBITION

ENTRY GUIDELINES & FORM

1. Entry form must be accompanied by clearly labeled slides of work
submitted (for review).

2. Include along with this form a current resume with your email address, a
brief biography, a statement of less than 200 words concerning the work
submitted and SASE for return of slides and other submitted materials.

3. There is a limit of three works to be submitted for consideration, three
slides per work (maximum of 9 slides total).

4. Photocopies of this form are accepted.

5. The Center for Book Arts receives a commission of 25% of each work sold.
All commissions are used in support of The Center's programs.

6. We will publish your name as written on your entry form.

DO NOT send original works.

DO NOT send your only copy of a slide.  The Center for Book Arts will not be
responsible for lost slides.

DO NOT send work created prior to 2003 for review.

If accepted...

1. One slide of each accepted work will be retained for The Center's
archives.

2. The artist is responsible for the cost of shipping works to the Center.
We will ship them back to you.

3. No works will be released before the close of the exhibition.

4. If a catalogue is produced, artists are entitled to one free copy.

5. The Center is hereby granted permission to photograph and reproduce
images of the work, either from the submitted slide or a different photo,
for publicity, review, documentation and/or archive purposes, in any medium,
and to grant such permission to other publishers.

Postmark deadline for submissions is Friday March 26, 2004.  Notification of
accepted entries will be on Friday, April 23, 2004. Accepted works must be
delivered to the Center by Friday June 11, 2004.

Name: ___________________________________________ Email:
_______________________________

Address:
__

City: _____________________________________________ State: ________  Zip:
__________________

Country: __________________ Phone:  _____________________  Fax:
___________________________

_______ I am a current Artist Member (If you need to renew your membership,
please enclose a check for $50, payable to the Center for Book Arts; those
applying for Artist Membership with their entry must enclose a separate and
complete Artist Member application - check our website or contact the Center
for requirements for Artist Membership application).

Submit the entry form and all materials postrmarked by March 26, 2004 to:

The Center for Book Arts

2004 Artist Members Juried Exhibition

28 West 27th Street, 3rd Floor

New York, NY  10001

 Please fill out all information pertaining to each work on this form only.
Do not attach additional pages:

ENTRY ONE
Title of Work:

Artist:
____

Author:
___

Dimensions (in inches):  __________ H x ___________ W x _____________ D   #
of pages: ___________

Displayed Flat or Standing:

Materials:
_

Number of copies in the edition: _____  Year of completion:  _________ For
Sale? ______Price: $ ______

If a multiple, how many copies will be for sale? ________

If NFS (not for sale), value for insurance purposes: $_________

ENTRY TWO

Title of Work:

Artist:
____

Author:
___

Dimensions (in inches):  __________ H x ___________ W x _____________ D   #
of pages: ___________

Displayed Flat or Standing:

Materials:
_

Number of copies in the edition: _____  Year of completion:  ________ For
Sale? _______ Price: $ ______

If a multiple, how many copies will be for sale? ________

If NFS (not for sale), value for insurance purposes: $_________

ENTRY THREE

Title of Work:

Artist:
____

Author:
___

Dimensions (in inches):  __________ H x ___________ W x _____________ D   #
of pages: ___________

Displayed Flat or Standing:

Materials:
_

Number of copies in the edition: _____  Year of completion:  _________ For
Sale? _____ Price: $ ______

If a multiple, how many copies will be for sale? ________

If NFS (not for sale), value for insurance purposes: $_________

Would this work be available to travel with the exhibition should the
opportunity arise? Yes ____ No ____

I have read these guidelines and agree to abide by them:

______

Signature
Date