Re: [BKARTS] How do you deboss a cloth covered book?

Scott,

We refer to debossing as goldstamping or in the case where it an impression
only we refer to it as blind stamping.  Chipboard, though widely used is not
good for use in books we expect to keep. It is highly acidic ad is subject to
warping. Foam would not hold an impression and it deteriorated in a short time.
Cloth over binders board tales an impression well. Vinyl is a poor choice for
blind stamping or any type of foil stamping. It often used. But the look
leaves something to desire. Only vegetable tanned leather take debossing well.
Chrome tanned leather, like vinyl and foam, is to resilient, The impression
"bounces back."

What is your project? Perhaps we can be of help with it.

Regards,

Ed Stansell
Craft Bookbinding Co.
302-475-1534